The key role of BTO Marketing Department is to strategically position Botswana’s travel and tourism destinations, products, and services in the major generating markets.
The key objectives of the Deaprtment
- Increase the volume, length of stay, and value of tourism flows.
- Create a greater understanding of Botswana Tourism by the targeted markets.
- Create a greater public awareness and understanding of Botswana tourism locally.
- Give special support to SMMEs in tourism that are not able to represent themselves in the generating markets.
- Develop strongest possible relationships within and between our sellers and the suppliers.
- Package and promote tourism opportunities in a manner that insures consistency in product quality.
- Maximize the position of Botswana as a tourism destination in the minds of customers relative to competitors.
- Networking with a view to providing an instrument for close collaboration; product development, marketing, promotion and sales of Botswana tour packages, brand Support.
- Advertising, promotion, direct marketing, and publicity (focused at drawing the attention of the traveling public upon the Botswana as one of the world’s outstanding recreation and hospitality area)
- Travel marts (pre-scheduled appointments between buyers and sellers), trade shows, road shows, educational workshops and study/farm tours, sales mission.
- Undertaking marketing intelligence.