- Welcome to Botswana
- Where To Go
- What To Do
- Where To Stay
- Flora and Fauna
- Visitor Information
- Contact Us
What to bring/wear
What to Bring
Binoculars, torch, insect repellent, lip salve, sunscreen, sunglasses. Cosmetics, medications, and cigarettes are all available in the major towns, but if specific brand names are needed, it is best to bring enough to last your stay.
However, care needs to be taken to comply with international aviation security regulations for items in carry on luggage. Contact your airline for details.
What to Wear
- In summer, lightweight, lightcoloured cottons are preferable.
- Garments of neutral colours that blend with the bush and forest are advisable for safaris and game viewing.
- Avoid synthetic materials and black clothing, as they increase perspiration and discomfort.
- Bring a lightweight jacket and/or jersey for unexpected temperature changes or rain.
- In winter, wear trousers, longsleeved shirts / blouses and jerseys.
- From May – August, night temperatures can fall below zero degrees celsius, so warm jerseys and jackets are vital, especially on morning and evening game drives.
- Closed, comfortable walking shoesor gym shoes are a must in all seasons.
- Special attention should be given to protection from the sun. Bring a sunhat, good quality sunscreen, sun lotion and polarised sunglasses.
- Wide brimmed hats are preferable to baseball caps.